The mission of ISBEE is to provide a forum for the exchange of experiences and ideas; to enhance cooperation in cross-functional and cross-cultural projects; and to discuss the ethical dimension of economic, social, and environmental issues which affect companies nationally and internationally. ISBEE supports a cross-disciplinary approach with the participation of both academicians and practitioners. It schedules its conferences and programs to encourage both formal and informal sharing of ideas and projects.
Aims of ISBEE include:
- To provide a communication link among scholars and managers with interest in business ethics;
- To provide a vehicle for the cross-fertilization of ideas for persons of various specializations from around the world who have a continuing interest in business ethics;
- To encourage research and presentation of papers, panels, and case studies at quadrennial meetings;
- To disseminate current and relevant research information through congress proceedings, special journal issues, and other channels;
- To help sponsor regional conferences and emerging business ethics networks;
- To serve as a clearinghouse for information on research centers, conferences, journals, publications, and specialists in the field worldwide;
- To enhance interregional communications in business ethics;
- To create an advisory group with business executives;
- To establish an ISBEE Fund with voluntary contributions which will enable people from developing countries and transition economies to attend international business ethics meetings.